Monday 6 January 2014

5th January

This evening I watched the latest episode of Sherlock. I love the BBC version of Sherlock, it's a wonderful reinvention that captures the spirit of of the Conan Doyle books. But I must confess I was slightly apprehensive about tonight's adventure, the trailers showed that it was going to be Sherlock being Watson's best man. Now I love the chemistry between Cumberbatch and Freeman, but part that idea almost felt like it was a sketch, where would be the great mystery that only Holmes could solve, surely he's better than folding napkins? Thankfully I was completely wrong and I feel guilty for ever doubting it.
  Cumberbatch is my favourite Sherlock but I know what you are thinking what would be your top five? Well I'm glad you asked...

1. Benedict Cumberbatch
2. Basil Rathbone
3. Peter Cushing
4. Jeremy Brett
5. Basil the great mouse detective

I love Sherlock and might start to binge on some of my favourite adventures and write about them. The other day I was given the Rathbone adventure "The House of Fear" so will give that a watch before next Sunday's episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment