Thursday 21 August 2014

Edinburgh Fringe Daily Diary Day 10 Wednesday 20th

So firstly I should mention a few things that I forgot from yesterday's blog. Firstly Gary and Joe managed to get on ITV news on Tuesday. It was during their segment on the fringe and Tim Vine winning the best joke of the fringe competition. They were only on for a few second but it was a funny shot of them. They were cut from the 10 O'clock news bloody censorship that what that is.

I had a leisurely morning and then Mark and I decided that we would go and see James Freeman's Man of Steal which had been recommend to us by Gary. James Freeman is a master pickpocket and a rather good showman as well. The show was on in the Voodoo Rooms a venue which is part of the free fringe venue that hasn't failed to disappoint me once.

After that we grab a coffee and then I went for lunch with Gary. He had Haggis, sorry he had vegetarian haggis, he insists on calling Haggis, it's just vegetables mushed together. Before long it was 4 O'clock and that only means one thing time to start flyering. We hit the Royal Mile and the Royal Mile hit back, back into the left. Round 1, Round 2, Round 3 ding ding ding. Sorry just filling up space.

The room for the gig filled up nicely we had a solid 30 in the room. We started a bit late as we were waiting on a few audience members to get drinks. The back doors sketch that we open with got a great response one of the best of the fringe so far (two shows left, two shows left) however after that the audience were a struggle they were all smiling but laughs were spread out. At the start of the run I might have panicked, but by now I had enough self confidence to go out there and just do what I do and hope for the best. The audience smiled as I went through my set, it went well with a few loud audience members laughing. Joe came on stage at the end of my stage to tell people to tweet about us. This got a few laughs when I kicked off at him.

As Joe was collecting money a elderly couple who had been sat in the second row walked up to him and said with no anger or malice "Garbage, absolute garbage" still nice of my parents to come and watch. BOOM! THAT'S WHAT THEY CALL A JOKE! Don't worry there's none of them in the show.

Afterwards we took Mark to Mosque kitchen because I WILL NEVER TIRE OF THAT PLACE I LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT!

Then Mark and myself headed over to Free Sisters to see Joe Munrow, I'd seen the end of his show the other week when I walked in 45 minutes late, so it was good to see it in it's entirety. He's playing in a yurt which as you can imagine doesn't have the best sound proofing but his material and stage charisma makes up for any drum and base leaking into the tent.

After that it was a quick walk home and then bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment