Friday 15 August 2014

Edinburgh Fringe Diary Day 3 Wednesday 13th

Today started like any other day with the police knocking on my door. I opened the door and police officers said they were looking for someone who lived in flat 3. I explained that I was just renting a flat for 2 weeks as part of the fringe, I didn't know if there was anyone in flat 3 but they were welcome to have a look.

"Which flat are you renting?"

"Flat 1" It was only after I said this and lead them through to the flat I realised which flat number I was staying in. "Oh it appears I live in number 3" I thought this is it I'm going down, they're going to arrest me, I cursed myself for being the first awake in my flat.

"OK well we'll have to speak to University then." and with that they walked off, I was little surprised out much the police just took me on my word, I mean I could be lying, I could have been the man they were after, they didn't even ask to see inside the flat. It could have a crystal meth factory for all they know.

I decided to take it a bit easier today, we did some rehearsals in the morning and then did some serious flyering in the early afternoon. We thought it would be fun and a good way to get people attention by getting Joe and Gary to dress up as the characters from the first sketch. Gary and Joe's friend Jim was coming to visit and we went to pick him up from the train station, we flyered along the way, three ladies getting off the train from Manchester found Joe really funny and said they were definitely coming to the show, to be honest I just thought they were being polite.

I went off to catch David Alnwick show at the Voodoo Rooms. He's a magician based in Liverpool, his shows is great with some very impressive magic tricks. I met back up with the Guys and got ready for the show.

We had about 19 people in tonight, and they were clearly the loudest audience we have had so far, the three women from the train station were there as well, sadly the show wasn't what they thought it would be and they walked out half way through my set, but a minute later two people joined us, perhaps they saw the three women leaving maybe they heard them talking about how offensive it was and they thought "If those women find it offensive, we'll love it." I think tonight  we decided on the definitive running as well. Sketch followed by Gary, then me and Joe closing.

Afterwards we went to Pizza Hut and met the funniest and friendliest waiter I'd seen in a long time.
"Do you know if there are any online vouchers for Pizza Hut?" asked Joe
"Do I look like the type of guy who eats at Pizza Hut?" was his reply. He was upbeat and full of energy and we guessed that this had probably been a tough shift. We ordered drinks and helped ourselves to the salad but then George told us there was no gluten free bases (Jim doesn't eat gluten). George was really apologetic and refused to take money for the drinks we'd ordered. Joe became quite depressed having ordered tap water and missed out on the chance for a free drink.

We went to C Venue afterwards where I swear to God time moves faster, it's like something from Doctor Who only rather than having to fight the Daleks or Cybermen you have tolerate really shit dance music, then when you try to leave they start playing The Rolling Stones. Gary and myself planned to leave at around 1am and didn't get home until after 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment